Specially abled children have multiple issues and hence multiple needs.
Early Intervention is a coordinated set of services, individually planned to meet the unique needs of each child and family. It’s a move from the existing therapeutic models to a new concept of Developmental Model. It aims at providing a comprehensive set of early experiences to very young children with special needs and their families. It is another way of imparting therapy of specially abled children, in a social and functional setting. Here therapy goals are embedded into play settings.
It involves assessment by means of skilled observation or evaluation through the administration of standardized tools.
We provide intervention for any problems related to paediatrics, viz., motor delay, speech delay, cognitive issues, psycho-social issues, pervasive developmental disorders etc.
Early Childhood Special Education is imparted here by well qualified interventionists with multi-therapeutic background which ensures that children get therapy and special education, both, from as early as premature birth.
The department has a team of well qualified professionals who are committed to providing a clinically effective service to patients. Services provided include:
- Evaluations based on Standardized Assessment Scales (CCITN/CCPN)
- Medical Consultation eased through direct access to specialists available
- Training in Personal-Social area
- Cognitive training
- Home Programmes and follow-up facility are available for those who visit us from far off places.
This Early Intervention centre also provides knowledge about the following additional approaches to maximize especially able children’s potential:
- Oral Stimulation
- Appropriate Feeding Postures
- Parent Support Groups
- Tackling Psycho-social / Family Issues
- Social time
- Play therapy
- Developmental Therapy
- Vision Therapy
- Yoga Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Occupational Therapy
- Sensory Integration
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
These are provided through interspersed group and individual sessions.
It caters to children between 0-5 yrs. of age.
Early intervention sessions are conducted by well qualified interventionist, physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech therapist and yoga therapist.
Early Intervention centre is well equipped with latest technology and state-of-the-art therapy equipment. It also owns certain standardized Assessment Tools like
- Test of Visual-Perceptual Skills
- Developmental test of Visuo-Motor Integration – Berry Buktenica
- Sensory Profile – Vinnie Dunn
- Miller’s Assessment for Pre-schoolers
- Minnesota Hand Writing Assessment by Judith
- DeGangi / Berk Test of Sensory Integration
- Denver Screening Tool
- Early Intervention Centre is working in collaboration with The National Trust under Ministry of social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Every Month, Consultant of Paediatric Neurology Department, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, visit Aastha Rehabilitation Centre, to assess children being referred for Neuro-motor-Developmental Assessment, to check for your child’s need for Early Intervention.